Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19, 2009 We Made It!






In the end it was as wonderful as I thought it would be! (For the first day!)

As many of you know Ron, Julia, my mother, and Kristina traveled separately from myself to arrive in Rome. We all had issues with the shuttle to our hotel but were smart enough to navigate all of those issues. I arrived about 3 hours earlier than the other traveling party. I was the last to be dropped off my shuttle group and the shuttle driver treated me to another 45 min of private drive-bys of the local landmarks. Just the Coliseum etc.... I have attached some pictures. Romero the shuttle driver took quite a liking to me and left me with his # even though he spoke not a bit of English and had to be 75. What is with you mature men? After Romero dropped me at the Flower Garden I refreshed myself and headed out to explore and find lunch, I rested and awoke to the melodic tap of my mother at the door. Oh how I have missed her! Our entire party met in the lobby for to head for an outstanding rooftop dinner including Limoncello and Sambuca for dessert. Reminds me of other adventures!

Julie, some othe descriptions you gave me are so accurate!

Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hey every body!!!! It is Alex!!! Yup its me again! I am @ Cierra's casa & we are looking at this! Ok so here are the notes to every one!!!:

    Papa: HI!!!! Is it exciting to see Nana again?! I sure miss her!

    Nana: Hi Nana!!! I have missed you so much! You finally got to go to italy! I <3 you and miss you!!!!

    Mom: Hi mommy! I heard you found your visa card in your backpack! Whatev. I love & miss you!

    Julia: Hey whats up sista?! Coal got loose today and he was in Cierra's front yard, but luckily we found & caught him. <3 & miss you caio!`

    Kristina: I like your hair!!!! It has been awhile since we saw each other! Oh well, have a good time in italy!!!

    Ok every one!!! I love & miss you guys but i have to go!

    <3 Alex


    P.S.


    Get me some postcards!!!! & pastuda! ((I think thats how you spell it!))


    Grazie!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sick. its horrible. I was up all night last night & the night before coughing. I am on the couch on the laptop. coal is laying down by me. i have a runny nose, sore throught, coughing, and i am REALLY tired. whatev.


    <3 Alex {}{ <- Fishiiiiiiiiiie

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright. tomorrow is falling blind's concert. i am wearing my shirt today. yesterday i went to the fair and went on 'the zipper' carnival ride. look it up.







    {}{ Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi im looking to see what time it is in italy!

    ReplyDelete